How can I find out if a sex offender is living in my neighborhood?

You can go to the Braintree Police Department and request information. You must be at least 18 years of age, present a valid form of identification and complete a Sex Offender Information Request Form. You will be provided with a dissemination sheet regarding Level 2 and Level 3 Sex Offenders. Level 1 offender information is not made available to the public and they are only required to register once a year via the mail to the Sex Offender Registry Board. The Braintree Police Department does have information on all Level 1 Sex Offenders that work or live in Braintree.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a copy of an accident, arrest or incident report?
2. What's the best way to report a crime?
3. When do I have to submit a motor vehicle crash report to the Registry of Motor Vehicles?
4. How do I obtain a license to carry a firearm (LTC) for a firearms identification card (FID)?
5. Can I text 911 from a cellular telephone?
6. How do I make the police department aware of a traffic concern (speeders, illegal passing) that happens on my street?
7. How can the police department help me address an issue with my neighbor?
8. What is the seat belt law for children?
9. How can I find out if a sex offender is living in my neighborhood?
10. What are the different levels of sex offenders?