Drop-off Center Services - Additional Services
1. Recycling - Metals
Acceptable Items: Lawn mowers (empty tanks only), metal shelves, empty propane tanks, grills, tools, swing sets, Appliances without Freon, etc.
2. Recycling - Rigid Plastics
Acceptable Items: Buckets with metal handles, laundry baskets, lawn furniture, toys, plastic coolers, shelving, pet carriers, trash barrels, plastic flower pots (no soil), 5 gallon containers, etc.
Non-Acceptable Items: Plastic beverage containers, hoses, PVC pipe, vinyl siding, glass, metal, wood, paper, Styrofoam, oil/chemical containers, etc.
3.Recycling – Mercury Products
Acceptable Items: Thermostats, Glass Thermometers, Chemistry Sets, Fluorescent & Halogen Bulbs, Blood-Pressure Cuffs, Barometers, Auto/Boat Switches. A free exchange of mercury thermometers for digital ones can be done at the Ivory Street Drop-Off Center.
4. Recycling – Books
Acceptable Items: Gently used books, DVDs, CD, Records, Video Games, Comic Books, Baseball Cards.
Non-Acceptable Items: Encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers, wet/moldy/damaged items, cassette , VHS tapes, picture tube TVs, CRT Computer Monitors.
5. Recycling – Clothing/Textiles
Acceptable Items: (Any condition as long as they are clean & dry)
Footwear – shoes, work & dress boots, sneakers, high heels, cleat, clippers, flip flops, sandals.
Clothing – jerseys, sweaters, sweatshirts, tank tops, shorts, coats, suits, gowns, dresses, blazers, pants, jeans, sweatpants, skirts, undergarments, socks, slips, pajamas, bathrobes, etc.
Accessories – hats, belts, pocketbooks, gloves, duffle bags, ties, scarves, cloth tote bags.
Linens – sheets, blankets, comforters, pillows, drapes, dish & bath towels, tablecloths, small throw, rugs, placemats, napkins
Stuffed Animals – can be faded, torn, missing accessories (such as whiskers, noses, etc.)
6. Excess Trash - One-Load Permit (Sticker Required)
1. Available only to Braintree residents who have paid the annual trash fee.
2. Available only to Braintree residents who have a current trash sticker affixed to a vehicle registered in the Town of Braintree.
3. This “One-Load Permit” is NON-transferable and is NOT available to Commercial Businesses, Condominiums or Apartment Buildings.
4. This “One-Load Permit” is only valid at the Braintree Residential Drop-Off Center.
5. Only One Visit Per Day with up to 500 lbs. is allowed.
6. Multiple permits can be purchased and there is no expiration date.
7. This “One-Load Permit” cannot be used at the Covanta Transfer Facility.
8. Purchase at the Collector’s Office at the Town Hall at a cost of $25. (781-794-8130)
Excessive trash that is generated by cleanouts due to moving, periodic 'house cleanings' by residents not participating in the curbside program must be disposed of by renting a dumpster or can be taken to:
Covanta Transfer Facility - (781-843-6209) Mon-Sat 7am-3pm
Special pricing for all Braintree residents including Condo owners. (Payment by credit card only and proof of residency required) Up to 500 lbs.- $50 minimum Over 500 lbs.- 10cents per pound
Construction and demolition material not accepted per DEP regulations.